FREE THROW SHOOT-A-THON FUNDRAISER
This fundraiser is not only a tool to be used to work on your free-throw skills, which of course is a vital part of any basketball player’s game, but is, at the same time, a tool to raise money to help offset club costs. All NHS Boys Basketball players are expected to participate in this fundraising event.
Download the pledge form here: Pledge Form_ FT Shoot-a-thon.
PayPal payment/donation link can be found here (more payment info below): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5QW4BETANLYQL.
HOW IT WORKS:
Each player will collect pledges from people they know. These people will sign up to pay a pledged fee for each free-throw made (out of 100) free throw attempts. Once the 100 free throws have been shot and the number of made free throws is determined, the player will collect the pledge money from those who sponsored them. Pledges can also choose to make a flat amount.
WHERE & WHEN:
The Free-Throw-A-Thon will be held in the Niwot HS gym on Saturday, December 15th @ 10:00am. Please mark your calendars for this date, as all NHS Boys Basketball players are expected to participate.
ABOUT THE FUNDS RAISED:
This fundraiser will serve as our primary source of funding for the next 6-8 months. We strongly encourage all players to participate and set a MINIMUM goal of raising $100.
For this fundraiser, all monies raised, including any above the $100 will go to pay for numerous expenses that include team dinners, big equipment purchases, off-setting banquet costs, senior night parent/player gifts, summer camps, and many additional expenses that are not funded by the school district.
MAKING IT A SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISER:
Obviously, the purpose of this is to make money for the program and off-set costs that arise throughout the year. Each player and player parent need to commit to making sure they do their part. Listed below are some things to maximize everyone’s effort:
- Where to Get Pledges:The Free-Throw-A-Thon is the easiest fundraiser ever. All that a player and a player’s parents need to do is get pledges from people who know the player and know of her commitment to basketball. The player should seek out family members, friends from both school and work, athletes from other sports you participate in, teachers, members of your church, neighbors, members from other non-basketball social clubs. You can even have your friends ask their friends, basically, anyone who you know, or even ask your friends/family to help in getting pledges from the people they may know. Parents can get pledges from people at your own work place, work friends, neighbors, church, etc.
- Straight Donations Are Accepted:If someone would rather just give a flat sum of money donation rather than make a per-free-throw pledge, that is ok too. The amount of the donation can be added to your total amount raised once the shooting has ended and the pledges are secured.
- How to Convince People to Pledge:The easiest way to be successful at getting people to pledge is to give them an example of what it will cost them. Tell them, as an example, when you shoot your 100 free throws and if you make 50% of the 100 free throws or 50 free throws, if they had pledged $ .25 per made free throw, they will owe you $12.50 for their pledge. At $.50 a free throw, their total donation would be $25 on 50 free throws made.
- How Pledges Donate: Once someone says they will make a pledge, fill out the appropriate information about the pledge and the person who made it onto the Free-physical address to advise them once the shooting has completed and the amount they owe. Once pledges are notified of how much they owe, they can donate in one of two ways…
- Send a check made out to “Niwot Boys Basketball” to
Niwot High School
c/o Eric Hejl (Boys Basketball)
8989 Niwot Road
Niwot, CO 80503
- Use the following PayPal link provided by the Niwot Booster club
- All pledges will receive Tax ID information to write off their donation.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS FUNDRAISER AND FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF NIWOT HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BASKETBALL!